Today we bring you these oven cleaning hacks. Cleaning your oven can be a bit of a chore, but it’s essential to maintain a hygienic and efficient cooking environment.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your oven:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Rubber gloves
- Old rags or paper towels
- Scrubbing brush or sponge
- Plastic spatula or scraper (optional)
- Oven-safe bowl or container
- Safety First: Before you begin, make sure your oven is turned off and completely cool. Also, ensure proper ventilation in your kitchen by opening windows or turning on the exhaust fan.
- Remove Oven Racks: Take out the oven racks and any other removable parts like pizza stones or thermometer. Set them aside for cleaning separately.
- Loose Debris Removal: Use a plastic spatula or scraper to gently remove large, loose pieces of burnt food or debris from the oven bottom and walls.
- Baking Soda Paste:
- In a bowl, mix about 1/2 cup of baking soda with a few tablespoons of water to create a paste.
- Adjust the quantities until you have a spreadable paste consistency.
- Spread the paste over the interior surfaces of the oven, avoiding the heating elements.
- Let the paste sit overnight or for at least 12 hours. This will help to loosen baked-on grime and grease.
- Clean Oven Racks:
- While the baking soda paste is working on the oven, clean the oven racks.
- Fill a bathtub or large sink with warm water and add some dish soap.
- Place the racks in the water and let them soak for a few hours.
- Use a scrubbing brush or sponge to remove any remaining grime. Rinse and dry the racks before placing them back in the oven.
- Wipe Down Interior:
- After the baking soda paste has had time to work, use a damp rag or sponge to wipe down the interior surfaces of the oven.
- For stubborn spots, you can use the scrubbing brush or sponge to gently scrub the residue.
- Vinegar Spray:
- Put equal parts of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Lightly spray the interior surfaces of the oven with the vinegar solution.
- The vinegar will react with the baking soda residue, causing it to foam and loosen.
- Wipe down the interior again with a clean, damp rag or sponge to remove the remaining residue.
- Final Rinse:
- Use a clean damp cloth or sponge to give the oven one final wipe-down to ensure all traces of baking soda and vinegar are gone.
- Replace Oven Racks: Once the oven is clean and dry, place the oven racks back in their respective positions.
- Exterior Cleaning:
- Wipe down the exterior of the oven with a clean, damp cloth to remove any grease or dirt.
- Finish Up:
- Dispose of any dirty rags and rinse cleaning tools thoroughly.
- Wash your hands and remove your gloves.
- Congratulations, your oven is now clean and ready to use!
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!