How to Use Wool Dryer Balls? Wool dryer balls are a natural and eco-friendly alternative to traditional dryer sheets and fabric softeners. They can help reduce drying time, soften your clothes, and prevent static cling.
Here’s how to use wool dryer balls effectively:
Purchase Quality Wool Dryer Balls:
- Look for wool dryer balls made from 100% natural and organic wool. Avoid those with synthetic materials or added chemicals.
Add Essential Oils (Optional):
- If you prefer scented laundry, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to the dryer balls before using them. This will give your clothes a pleasant fragrance.
Load Your Dryer:
- Place your wet laundry into the dryer as you normally would.
Use the Right Number of Dryer Balls:
- The number of dryer balls you should use depends on the size of your load. Typically, three to six balls are sufficient for a standard-sized load of laundry. You can adjust the number based on your load size.
Start the Dryer:
- Start your dryer on the desired heat setting. Wool dryer balls work with all dryer types, including gas and electric dryers.
Toss in the Dryer Balls:
- Add the wool dryer balls to the dryer along with your laundry. They will help agitate the clothes and improve air circulation, which can reduce drying time.
Monitor the Drying Process:
- Keep an eye on the drying process, especially the first few times you use the dryer balls. You may notice that your laundry dries faster than usual. As you become more familiar with their performance, you can adjust your dryer settings accordingly.
Check for Static and Softness:
- Wool dryer balls can help reduce static cling and soften your clothes. However, if you still experience static, you can add a small piece of aluminum foil to the dryer or try reducing the drying time. For added softness, consider using a high-quality fabric softener sheet made for dryers.
Remove and Store:
- Once your laundry is dry, remove the wool dryer balls from the dryer. Store them in a dry place until the next use.
Maintain Your Dryer Balls:
- Over time, wool dryer balls may start to lose their effectiveness. You can refresh them by giving them a quick spin in the dryer or by gently washing them in cold water (without soap) and letting them air dry. Avoid using hot water or soap, as it can damage the wool.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!