How to organize a laundry room? When it comes to chores, laundry is at the bottom of the list because it’s as tedious as it is time-consuming. Organizing your laundry room can make laundry tasks more efficient and enjoyable.
Here are some steps to help you get started:
- Declutter: Begin by decluttering the laundry room. Remove items that don’t belong there and donate or discard things you no longer need. This will create a clean slate for organizing.
- Sort and separate: Designate separate areas or containers for different categories of items.
- Laundry baskets or hampers: Have designated baskets or hampers for different types of laundry, such as whites, colors, delicates, and towels. Labeling them can be helpful for you and other family members.
- Sorting station: Set up a sorting station with labeled bins or baskets for pre-treating stained clothes, items that need mending, or clothes to be washed on specific settings (e.g., delicate or handwash). This will streamline your laundry process.
- Shelving and cabinets: Install shelves or cabinets above or beside the washing machine and dryer. Use them to store laundry detergents, fabric softeners, stain removers, and other cleaning supplies. Keep dangerous items out of reach of children.
- Fold-down table: If space allows, add a fold-down table or countertop near the dryer. This provides a convenient spot for folding and organizing clean laundry.
- Hanging rods or drying rack: Include a hanging rod or drying rack for air-drying delicate or special clothing items that shouldn’t go in the dryer.
- Hooks and holders: Install hooks on the back of the door or on walls to hang items like ironing boards, brooms, mops, or reusable laundry bags.
- Label containers: Label containers and bins to easily identify their contents. This makes it easier for everyone to find what they need and helps maintain organization.
- Utilize vertical space: Make the most of vertical space by using wall-mounted shelves, pegboards, or hooks for additional storage.
- Keep it tidy: Encourage everyone in the household to return items to their designated spots after using them. Regularly check and tidy up the laundry room to maintain its organization.
- Add personal touches: Make the laundry room a pleasant space by adding some personal touches like wall art, a small indoor plant, or decorative storage containers.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!