How to make DIY infused vinegar for cleaning? This is a natural and cost-effective way to create a versatile and eco-friendly cleaning solution. Infused vinegar can be used to clean various surfaces in your home.
Materials You’ll Need:
- White Distilled Vinegar: This is the base for your infused vinegar. It’s an excellent natural cleaner due to its acidity.
- Citrus Peels: Lemon, orange, or grapefruit peels work well. They add a pleasant scent and boost the cleaning power of vinegar.
- Herbs or Essential Oils: Choose herbs like rosemary, lavender, or mint, or essential oils for added fragrance and cleaning properties.
- A Glass Jar or Container: To store your infused vinegar.
- Prepare Your Citrus Peels:
- Wash and peel the citrus fruit.
- Remove as much of the pith (white part) as possible because it can be bitter.
- Add Herbs or Essential Oils:
- Place the citrus peels in the glass jar.
- Add a few sprigs of your chosen herbs or a few drops of essential oil. This step is optional but enhances the scent and cleaning power.
- Pour Vinegar:
- Fill the jar with white distilled vinegar, completely covering the citrus peels and herbs.
- Seal the Jar:
- Close the jar tightly with a lid.
- Steep and Infuse:
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for about 2-4 weeks. This allows the vinegar to absorb the citrus and herb aromas.
- Strain and Store:
- After the steeping period, strain the infused vinegar into a clean container. Discard the citrus peels and herbs.
- You can dilute the infused vinegar with water if it’s too strong for your cleaning needs.
- Label the Container:
- Be sure to label the container as “Infused Cleaning Vinegar” to avoid confusion.
You can use your DIY infused vinegar for cleaning in several ways:
- All-Purpose Cleaner: Mix 1 part infused vinegar with 1 part water in a spray bottle. Use it to clean countertops, glass, and various surfaces.
- Floor Cleaner: Dilute the infused vinegar with water and use it to mop floors.
- Window and Glass Cleaner: Use a solution of 1 part infused vinegar and 2 parts water to clean glass surfaces.
- Bathroom Cleaner: Apply undiluted infused vinegar on bathroom surfaces, let it sit for a few minutes, and scrub as needed.
- Deodorizer: Spritz the infused vinegar in rooms or on fabrics to freshen the air.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!