How To Clean Your Windows? Cleaning windows can be a straightforward task with the right approach and tools.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your windows effectively:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Window cleaner (commercial or homemade solution)
- Distilled water (if making a homemade solution)
- Vinegar (if making a homemade solution)
- Dish soap (if making a homemade solution)
- Microfiber cloths or lint-free paper towels
- Soft-bristle brush or sponge
- Ladder (if needed)
- Protective gloves (optional)
- Prepare the Cleaning Solution:
- If using a commercial window cleaner, follow the instructions on the product label.
- If making your own solution, you can mix equal parts of distilled water and white vinegar or add a few drops of dish soap to a bucket of distilled water.
- Remove Dust and Debris:
- Before applying the cleaning solution, use a soft-bristle brush or a dry microfiber cloth to remove any dust, cobwebs, or loose debris from the window and window frame.
- Apply the Cleaning Solution:
- Dip a clean microfiber cloth or lint-free paper towel into the cleaning solution. Wring out any excess liquid to avoid dripping.
- Wipe the window’s surface in sections, working from top to bottom. This helps prevent streaks. Be sure to cover the entire surface evenly.
- Scrubbing if Necessary:
- For stubborn dirt or grime, dampen the soft-bristle brush or sponge with the cleaning solution.
- Gently scrub the affected areas, applying light pressure to avoid scratching the glass.
- Squeegee the Glass:
- Starting at the top corner of the window, place the squeegee against the glass and pull it down vertically in a straight line.
- Wipe the squeegee blade with a clean cloth after each pass to prevent streaks.
- Repeat this process, slightly overlapping each previous pass, until you’ve squeegeed the entire window.
- Wipe Edges and Sills:
- Use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe the edges of the window frame, window sill, and any remaining moisture around the edges of the glass.
- Check for Streaks:
- After squeegeeing, inspect the glass for streaks or spots. If you notice any, use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to gently buff them away.
- Repeat for Other Windows:
- Repeat the above steps for all the windows you want to clean.
- Exterior Windows (if applicable):
- For exterior windows, you might need a ladder for higher windows. Follow the same steps, and ensure the ladder is placed on a stable surface.
- Dispose of Cleaning Materials:
- Dispose of any leftover cleaning solution properly and wash your cloths or towels as instructed on their care labels.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!