How To Clean Your Upholstery? Cleaning upholstery requires a gentle and careful approach to prevent damage to the fabric.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your upholstery:
- Vacuum the upholstery: Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to remove loose dirt, dust, and debris from the upholstery. Pay attention to the crevices and corners.
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions: Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions or any care labels attached to the upholstery for specific guidelines and precautions. Different fabrics may require different cleaning methods.
- Spot test: Before applying any cleaning solution to the entire upholstery, perform a spot test on a small, inconspicuous area. Choose an area that is not easily visible. Apply a small amount of the cleaning solution and blot it with a clean cloth. Check for any adverse effects or discoloration after it dries.
- Choose a suitable cleaning method:
a. Water-based cleaning: For water-safe upholstery, mix a small amount of mild dish soap or upholstery cleaner with warm water. Dip a clean cloth or sponge into the solution, wring out the excess moisture, and gently blot the stained or soiled areas. Avoid rubbing vigorously, as it may damage the fabric. Rinse the cloth or sponge frequently and change the water as needed. Finally, blot the area with a clean, damp cloth to remove any soap residue.
- Allow the upholstery to dry: After cleaning, allow the upholstery to air dry completely before using it again. Open windows or turn on fans to aid the drying process. Avoid sitting or placing objects on the upholstery until it is fully dry.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!