How to clean your sofa if you have pets? Cleaning the house can be difficult if you have pets but here we bring you these tips.
Follow these tips to remove the dirty:
- Remove any loose fur or debris: Use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment or a lint roller to remove any pet hair, fur, or loose debris from the sofa’s surface.
- Check the manufacturer’s instructions: Before proceeding with any cleaning methods, check the manufacturer’s instructions for your sofa to ensure you don’t use any products or techniques that could damage the fabric.
- Spot clean any stains: If you notice any stains or spills on your sofa, tackle them as soon as possible. Blot the stain gently with a clean cloth or paper towel to absorb as much liquid as you can. Avoid rubbing the stain, as it can spread and set deeper into the fabric.
- Test cleaning products: If your sofa’s fabric allows, test a small, inconspicuous area with any cleaning products you plan to use. This step ensures that the cleaning solution doesn’t cause discoloration or damage to the fabric. Wait for the test area to dry and check for any adverse effects before proceeding.
- Use a fabric cleaner: Depending on the type of fabric your sofa has, you can use a specialized fabric cleaner. Follow the instructions on the cleaner and apply it to the stained or soiled areas. Use a soft brush or sponge to gently scrub the fabric, working the cleaner into the material. Be careful not to oversaturate the fabric.
- Remove odors: If your pet has left any lingering odors on the sofa, sprinkle baking soda over the fabric and let it sit for several hours or overnight. Baking soda helps absorb odors. Vacuum the baking soda off the sofa thoroughly to remove any residue.
- Freshen up with fabric freshener: After cleaning, you can use a fabric freshener or deodorizer specifically designed for upholstery to give your sofa a pleasant scent and further eliminate any lingering odors.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!