How to clean your mattress? Cleaning your mattress is an important part of maintaining a healthy sleeping environment.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean your mattress:
- Strip the bed: Start by removing all the sheets, pillowcases, and any other bedding from your mattress. Launder them separately according to the care instructions.
- Vacuum the mattress: Use a vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment to thoroughly vacuum the entire surface of the mattress. This will help remove dust, dirt, and any loose debris.
- Spot clean stains: If you notice any stains on your mattress, treat them with a mild detergent or a specialized mattress cleaner. Follow the instructions on the product label and use a clean cloth or sponge to gently blot the stain. Avoid saturating the mattress with excessive liquid as it may lead to mold or mildew growth.
- Deodorize with baking soda: Baking soda is a natural deodorizer that can help eliminate odors from your mattress. Baking soda absorbs odors, so it will help freshen up your mattress.
- Vacuum again: After the baking soda has had time to work its magic, vacuum the mattress again to remove the baking soda along with any remaining dirt or debris. Make sure to thoroughly vacuum all sides of the mattress, including the edges and crevices.
- Protect with a mattress cover: Consider using a mattress cover or protector to help prevent future stains and keep your mattress clean. Choose a cover that is waterproof and breathable to maintain a comfortable sleeping environment.
- Rotate and flip the mattress: If your mattress is flippable, rotate and flip it every few months. This helps distribute the wear and tear evenly, prolonging the lifespan of the mattress.
- Maintain regular cleaning: It’s a good practice to vacuum your mattress regularly and spot clean any spills or stains as soon as possible. This will help prevent the buildup of dirt and allergens.