How To Clean Curtains? Cleaning curtains is a relatively simple task that can help refresh the look of your home. The method you use to clean them will depend on the type of curtains you have and their care instructions.
Here’s a general guide on how to clean curtains:
1. Check the Care Label:
- Before you begin, check the care label on your curtains for specific cleaning instructions. Some curtains are machine washable, while others require dry cleaning.
2. Remove Dust:
- Start by removing loose dust and dirt from the curtains. You can do this by gently shaking the curtains or using a hand vacuum with a brush attachment. This step is particularly important for dust-prone areas.
3. Machine Washing (if suitable):
- If your curtains are machine washable, remove any hooks or hardware, and place the curtains in the washing machine.
- Use a gentle cycle and cold water to prevent shrinkage or damage.
- You can add a mild detergent suitable for delicate fabrics.
- Avoid overloading the washing machine to allow the curtains to move freely.
- For curtains that cannot be machine washed, you can hand wash them in a large basin or bathtub.
- Fill the basin with cold water and add a small amount of mild detergent.
- Gently agitate the water and then submerge the curtains, allowing them to soak for a short time.
- Gently swish the curtains in the soapy water, but avoid scrubbing or twisting to prevent damage.
- Rinse the curtains thoroughly with cold water until all detergent is removed.
- To prevent wrinkles, hang the curtains back up while they are slightly damp. Smooth out any wrinkles with your hands.
- If you’ve machine-washed your curtains, you can use the low heat or no-heat setting on your dryer to finish drying.
- If you’ve hand-washed the curtains, hang them in a well-ventilated area to air dry. Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading.
6. Ironing (if necessary):
- If your curtains are wrinkled after washing, you can iron them on the appropriate setting for the fabric. Be sure to check the care label for recommended ironing temperature.
7. Final Inspection:
- After cleaning and drying, inspect your curtains for any remaining spots or stains. Spot clean with a mild detergent if needed.
- Once your curtains are clean and dry, rehang them and replace any hooks or hardware you removed.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!