How to clean an instant pot? The Instant Pot has quickly become the darling of the kitchen for many people. Not only does it multitask and do the work of several appliances, it also helps get dinner on the table in a hurry. Check this blog for tips.
How to clean an Instant Pot:
- Dish soap or mild detergent
- Warm water
- Soft sponge or cloth
- Instant Pot sealing ring
- Instant Pot steam rack
- Instant Pot inner pot
- Instant Pot steam valve
- Instant Pot anti-block shield (if applicable)
Step 1: Unplug and Cool Down Before you start cleaning your Instant Pot, make sure it’s unplugged, and allow it to cool down. Safety first!
Step 2: Remove and Clean Removable Parts
- Remove the Instant Pot inner pot and wash it with warm, soapy water. Use a soft sponge or cloth to scrub away any food residue. Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- Take out the Instant Pot steam rack and clean it using the same method as the inner pot.
- If you used the Instant Pot sealing ring, remove it and wash it separately with warm, soapy water. Make sure to clean both sides thoroughly.
- Remove the Instant Pot steam valve (if applicable) and wash it as well. Refer to your Instant Pot’s manual for instructions on how to remove and clean the valve.
Step 3: Clean the Exterior Wipe down the exterior of the Instant Pot with a damp cloth or sponge. Be cautious not to get water into the electrical components.
Step 4: Clean the Lid
- Separate the Instant Pot lid by removing the anti-block shield (if applicable), steam release valve, float valve, and sealing valve (if your model has them).
- Wash these parts with warm, soapy water, and use a brush or sponge to clean any nooks and crannies.
- Clean the underside of the lid where the sealing ring sits, as residue can accumulate there.
- Wipe down the exterior of the lid as well.
Step 5: Reassemble Once all the parts are clean and dry, reassemble your Instant Pot. Make sure the sealing ring is properly seated, and all the valves and shields are in their correct positions.
Step 6: Deep Cleaning If you notice stubborn stains or odors, you can perform a deep clean:
- Mix a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Fill the Instant Pot inner pot with this solution up to the max fill line.
- Place the inner pot in the Instant Pot and run a “Steam” or “Manual” cycle for a few minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to cool, then discard the solution and rinse thoroughly.
Step 7: Regular Maintenance To prevent odors, it’s a good practice to remove and clean the sealing ring after each use, as well as the steam valve, float valve, and anti-block shield if applicable. Wipe down the exterior regularly to keep it looking clean.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!