How to clean marble countertops? Keeping marble surfaces and marble floors clean is actually simpler than you’d think, but—as with maintaining most things in life—you need to know what you’re dealing with.
Follow these steps to know how to clean a marble countertop:
- Gather your supplies: You will need a soft cloth or sponge, mild dish soap or pH-neutral cleaner, warm water, and a towel for drying.
- Wipe down the surface: Use a soft cloth or sponge dampened with warm water to wipe down the marble countertop. This will remove any loose debris or crumbs.
- Prepare a cleaning solution: Fill a bucket or basin with warm water and add a small amount of mild dish soap or a pH-neutral cleaner specifically designed for marble surfaces. Avoid using acidic or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the marble.
- Clean the countertop: Dip your soft cloth or sponge into the cleaning solution and wring out any excess liquid. Gently wipe the marble surface in a circular motion, paying attention to any areas with spills, stains, or grime. Avoid using excessive force or scrubbing too hard, as it can scratch the marble.
- Rinse the surface: Rinse the cloth or sponge with clean water and wipe the countertop again to remove any soap residue. Make sure to rinse thoroughly to prevent any soap film from forming on the marble.
- Dry the countertop: Use a clean, dry towel to carefully dry the marble countertop. This step is important to prevent water spots or streaks from forming on the surface.
- Polish the marble (optional): If desired, you can use a marble-specific polishing product to enhance the shine. Follow the instructions provided with the polishing product, as different products may have specific application methods.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!