Creating a DIY sink scrub is a great way to keep your sink clean and free of stains and odors. Performing this nightly sink scrub can help maintain a clean and fresh-smelling sink. Adjust the quantities based on the size of your sink and the level of cleaning needed.
- Baking Soda: Acts as a gentle abrasive to scrub away stains and grime.
- White Vinegar: Has antibacterial properties and helps dissolve mineral deposits.
- Lemon (optional): Provides a fresh scent and has natural antibacterial properties.
- Dish Soap: Helps break down grease and adds cleaning power.
- Essential Oils (optional): For a pleasant scent and additional antibacterial properties.
- Clear the Sink: Remove any dishes, sponges, or other items from the sink.
- Rinse the Sink: Run hot water to wet the sink surface. This helps in activating the cleaning agents.
- Sprinkle Baking Soda: Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the entire sink, focusing on areas with stains or buildup.
- Add Dish Soap: Squirt a small amount of dish soap onto the baking soda. This adds cleaning power and helps break down grease.
- Scrub with a Brush or Sponge: Use a scrub brush or sponge to scrub the sink thoroughly. Pay attention to the sides and bottom of the sink, as well as around the drain.
- Add White Vinegar: Pour a cup of white vinegar into the sink. The reaction between the vinegar and baking soda helps break down mineral deposits and sanitize the sink.
- Scrub Again: Once the fizzing reaction subsides, continue scrubbing the sink with the brush or sponge. Focus on any remaining stains or spots.
- Rinse with Hot Water: Rinse the sink thoroughly with hot water to remove any remaining residue.
- Optional: Use Lemon: Cut a lemon in half and rub it over the sink surfaces. The natural acidity of lemon helps remove stains and leaves a fresh scent.
- Optional: Add Essential Oils: If you like, add a few drops of essential oils such as tea tree oil, lavender, or eucalyptus for a pleasant aroma and additional antibacterial properties.
- Dry with a Towel: Dry the sink with a clean towel to prevent water spots.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!