If you need to freshen an article of clothing, a blanket or a pillow, this DIY Laundry Freshening Spray will quickly replace that fabric spray you’ve been using and become a new favorite.
This spray can help keep your clothes smelling fresh between washes:
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol or vodka (this acts as a disinfectant and helps the spray dry faster)
- 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (such as lavender, lemon, eucalyptus, or tea tree oil) for a pleasant scent (adjust the number of drops based on your preference)
- A clean spray bottle
- Start by ensuring that your spray bottle is clean and dry.
- Pour 1 cup of distilled water into the spray bottle. Distilled water is preferred because it lacks impurities that can lead to mold growth in the bottle over time.
- Add 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol or vodka to the water in the bottle. The alcohol helps to kill bacteria and other odor-causing agents.
- Add your chosen essential oil(s) to the mixture. Essential oils not only provide a pleasant scent but also have natural antibacterial properties. The number of drops you use can vary depending on how strong you want the scent to be, but a good starting point is 10-20 drops.
- Close the spray bottle and shake it well to mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Your DIY laundry freshening spray is now ready to use. To freshen up your clothes, simply spray a light mist over them, holding the bottle about 6-12 inches away. Pay attention to areas like collars, underarms, and cuffs where odors tend to accumulate.
- Allow your clothes to air dry for a few minutes before wearing them, and the fresh scent should linger.
- Store your homemade freshening spray in a cool, dark place when not in use to help preserve the essential oils’ potency.
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!