DIY Cleaning Solutions with Natural Ingredients . There are so many different commercial cleaning products these days, filled with toxic chemicals and wrapped in elaborate plastic packaging. Making your own will not only reduce your use of plastic but dramatically lessen the environmental and household pollution caused by the manufacture, use, and disposal of these products.
Here are a few DIY cleaning solutions using natural ingredients that you can make at home:
- All-Purpose Cleaner:
- Ingredients: 1 cup water, 1 cup distilled white vinegar, 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional, for fragrance)
- Instructions: Mix the water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Add essential oil if desired. Shake well before each use. This solution is great for countertops, glass surfaces, and general cleaning around the house.
- Window and Glass Cleaner:
- Ingredients: 2 cups water, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- Instructions: Combine all the ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake well until the cornstarch dissolves. Spray on windows or glass surfaces and wipe clean with a lint-free cloth or newspaper.
- Lemon and Baking Soda Scrub:
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup baking soda, juice of 1 lemon
- Instructions: Mix the baking soda and lemon juice to form a paste. Apply the paste to surfaces like sinks, bathtubs, or tile grout. Scrub gently with a sponge or brush, then rinse thoroughly. The lemon acts as a natural deodorizer and helps remove stains.
- Carpet Stain Remover:
- Ingredients: 1 cup warm water, 1 tablespoon dish soap, 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Instructions: Combine the warm water, dish soap, and vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray the solution directly onto the stained area of the carpet and let it sit for a few minutes. Blot the stain with a clean cloth or sponge until it lifts away. Repeat if necessary.
- Furniture Polish:
- Ingredients: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional)
- Instructions: Mix the olive oil and vinegar in a bottle. Add essential oil if desired. Shake well before use. Apply a small amount to a soft cloth and use it to polish wooden furniture. Buff gently until the furniture shines.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!
To purchase the best Cleaning products recommended by professionals, go to our Cleany Store!