Making your own citrus wood polish is a simple and effective DIY project. Citrus oils not only add a pleasant fragrance but also have natural cleaning and polishing properties. Here’s a basic recipe for a DIY Citrus Wood Polish.
- 1 cup of olive oil or jojoba oil (as a base)
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar (for added cleaning power)
- 10-15 drops of citrus essential oil (such as lemon, orange, or grapefruit)
- Mix the Base Oils:
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil or jojoba oil. These oils will serve as the base for your wood polish.
- Add White Vinegar:
- Pour in the white vinegar. Vinegar helps to cut through grease and grime, providing additional cleaning benefits.
- Add Citrus Essential Oil:
- Drop in 10-15 drops of your chosen citrus essential oil. The citrus oil will give your wood polish a pleasant scent and add to its cleaning and polishing properties.
- Stir Well:
- Use a spoon or whisk to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Ensure that the vinegar and oil are well combined.
- Transfer to a Container:
- Pour the mixture into a clean, airtight container or an empty glass jar with a lid. Make sure the container is sealable to keep the polish fresh.
- To use the polish, simply dip a soft cloth or a sponge into the mixture and apply it to your wooden furniture or surfaces. Rub in the direction of the wood grain for the best results.
- After applying the polish, use a clean, dry cloth to buff the wood surface. This will remove any excess polish and leave your wood with a beautiful shine.
- Test the polish on a small, inconspicuous area of your wood before applying it to the entire surface.
- Shake or stir the mixture before each use, as the ingredients may separate over time.
- Store the citrus wood polish in a cool, dark place to maintain its freshness.
Remember if you want to get your house Sparkling Cleaned without moving a finger, don’t hesitate and call Cleany!